Monday, December 17, 2007

Duh!

Of course humans kill animals without thought, even animals kill animals without thinking about the consequences... they are hungry. Ok, I'm not advocating poaching, or killing the whales just because we are humans (and extremely superior... we do have brains and hearts and souls... that, yes, make us different and better) but I do think that killing animals around us for food, or comfort is no problem. I'm sorry but you can't compare how humans treat animals without looking at how animals treat other animals. When a tiger walks down the path and squishes an ant, it doesn't cry about it- so we shouldn't either. Yes, I understand that our living habits tend to kill more animals than necessary... like cows, but who cares... as long as they aren't becoming exinct (that is an issue). I don't think we should dictate our actions according to what might happen to an animal if we did the action. Basically what I am saying is that, yes continuous killing of animals that are necessary for the environment and biospheres to grow and prosper is bad, but at the same time I'm going to kill a cockroach if I find one in my bathroom, because I'm a superior human and they are gross.

1 comment:

Navdeep Singh said...

You made some valid points. You probably remember watching the gruesome movies where lions hunt an elephant and many other violent scenes. When you watch a secondary comsumer eat primary consumers, in natutre they are not decimating the total population of herbivores. Humans also, we are not making the cows extinct by eating them becasue they are so many of them. What would you say if I tell you that we are making the kit foxes extinct from this planet, and we do not eat kit foxes. What would you say if I tell you that we are making hundereds of species of mammals, birds and reptiles extinct(we do not eat any of them).

It is not about eating them. It is about taking their space, their habitat!!!!