Thursday, November 15, 2007

Piercing Eyes!


Whenever I go to India, my favourite past time is to shoot pictures. Of course I have a mind set for "animal" and "nature" photography. But for the last few years I have developed this big fascination for "Indian Slums". I drive to these areas, walk in and shoot non-stop. Most of the times it is a gut-wrenching experience! Here is the picture that I took a couple of years ago. The girl who is sitting on the cot seems to be less than twenty, and pay attention to the number of kids on the cot! Her eyes seem to be telling a long story, that is very easy to read!!!!

2 comments:

John Watson said...

You know, none of us completely understand that those people in the movies we watch in your class are actually real people.

And sadly, most of us will never experience these kind of living conditions firsthand. I'm afraid we haven't been able to experience the level of empathy you feel for these people. Hopefully someday we'll have the opportunity.

We never think about the three billion people living on less than two dollars a day.

http://www.globalissues.org/TradeRelated/Facts.asp

^ These statistics are pretty scary.

love,
John

Navdeep Singh said...

That is a great site John! I have saved the link. You know the funny thing is that we need only 30billion dollars to educate all the children and take care of the health of all the females on the planet and we do not opt to do it, but our defense budget is 600 billion dollars!!!

I have always said in my classes that every human should visit India. It is going to be the most hurtful experience of your life, but you will be able to appreciate life more, and appreciate what you have, MORE!

But on the other hand I think that I should stop saying that!

Thanks!!!

Navdeep